Make the Move: Marion's 6 Types of Apparatus
Making your move can start with the question of what apparatus suites your needs best. At Marion Body Works, there are six different styles to choose from each with different qualities needed for specific jobs. Being that there are six styles, there is no difference in the quality you receive, customization you can have, or longevity of the vehicle.
Here are the six types of apparatus and what Marion makes sure they are known for:
Rescue Pumper, also trademarked as the RPM
- Maximization of vehicle capacity for water storage
- Easier pump servicing through full wing out access panels and removable doors with stainless thread-less plumbing connections
- Pump panel protection and ease of operation
Pumper, the High Efficiency Workhorse
- Best for the firefighter in mind, easy reaching design of pre-connects
- Fully customizable compartments
- Double wall construction to enhance longevity and durability
- High visibility indicators and ergonomic spacing of pump control panels
Rescue, Fully Equipped and First to the Scene
- Designed to be "mission ready"
- Greater flexibility for specialized equipment through roof top compartment designs to your needs
- Applicable upper body access provided through custom access ladders to hydraulic staircases
- Oil dry hoppers designed for quick release from wheel wells to roof tops
Rescue Squad/Combo, Dual Personalities for Tough Jobs
- Ability to be customized for walk-in, non-walk-in, combination, or command/specialty style
- Floors, seamless walls, and ceilings designed to provide ease of clean up with longevity in mind
- Wiring raceways designed to provide easy access for maintenance and changes in electrical needs
- Maximization of storage while allowing for walk-in capabilities
Tanker, Mobile Water Supply
- Choice between portable, PTO and drive-line driven pump configurations
- Customization options for portable tank, ladders, and suction hose storage in standard or wide-body design
- Aluminum extrusion or stainless construction choices featuring no use of sub frame or bolted body construction
- 2000-3500 gallon dry side tankers allow for multiple mounting configurations
Aerial, Precision at any Height
- Ergonomic hose storage
- Easy deploying discharges
- Low reach ground ladders
- Full customization with rear and mid mount ladders and platforms ranging from 75-103'
Load our custom trucks with features you need. Let us fabricate your dream pumper, tanker, rescue or Aerial from start to finish based on a deep understanding of your needs. With Sharp attention to detail and quality construction, our safe, high-performance trucks are built to last.
Thanks for checking out our blog! Get the latest updates and news on our Facebook page.