Initial Design, Engineering to Prints
- Ability to use customer prints or create our own as needed
- Using customer prints or CAD data if available
- Directly from customer’s product
- Standard measuring methods
- Using Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) for accurate data gathering where applicable
- Team approach with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing
- Project resources dedicated as needed
- In-house 3D printer for quick, hands-on review of new parts
- Dedicated engineering staff for Cabs, Defense, Commercial, Electrical, and Fire & Emergency products
- Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Engineer support technical requirements and quality planning activities required by the automotive and defense industries
- Quality Manager well-versed in defense contract requirements and has experience implementing ISO 9001 and Core Tool requirements
- Draftsight 2D CAD
- SolidWorks v2015 3D CAD, used for all product design
- SolidWorks Simulation FEA
- Bysoft 7 Fabrication Software (laser nesting and CNC brakes)
- Share CAD data/models with customers via secure FTP site
Marion Body Works holds the following U.S. Patents:
- Patent 4,871,201: “Fox-Lock” Recessed Latch Device
Description: A recessed latch mechanism for closing and maintaining closed a flexible covering across the side of truck bodies, truck trailer or the like.
- Patent 5,098,147: Latch for Truck or Trailer
Description: An apparatus for securing and releasing a stake in a stake pocket comprises a spring having a fastening end and a latch end.
- 5,219,267 Method for Salvaging the Contents of a Leaking Drum
Description: An apparatus for transferring leaking drums to a salvage drum utilizing a liftgate assembly.